How to address mail
- Using the correct address format and postcode makes sorting mail faster and easier and reduces the chance of mail going to the wrong address.
- Write the return address in small letters on one line in the top left-hand corner or on the back of the envelope
- If you want to put the name of a person or business, put this at the top (on the top line)
- The stamp goes into the top right-hand corner
- Print clearly
- Write the address in this order
- Receiver (person or business)
- Delivery address
- Village/town Postcode
- Use a light-coloured envelope made of firm paper or card
- Line the address up on the left hand side.